Saturday, May 19, 2012

Diving Back In

The end of the term approaches and as I have the last two weeks of lectures already prepared, I actually had time to get some sewing in this last week! I've been working on a new bag over the last week- sketching out ideas and measurements in small moments of free time. The following is only a taste- a test bag I made from some old batiks. Mom wanted a bag from it years ago, before I really had any abilities.  I think I'll put her Mother's Day gift in it.  The whole family is coming to visit this next weekend- so excited!  I told Mom I'd have her Mother's Day presents when she got here.

I know what to get Mom and Dad for the most part but my younger brother always proves a challenge.  What does an older sister get her 24 year old brother for his birthday?  His usual request involves some car part that I can neither afford nor name. The day when I could buy him a video game or box of candy has long since passed. Sigh. I hope he finds something here in Nebraska next weekend I can get him or I'm out of luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment