Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Halloween Fever

For those unaware- I love this time of year.  In the previous post I outlined the comfort to be found in jeans and sweatshirts and the simple pleasure of crunching a good leaf.  But underlying all these idyllic comforts are the magnificent trio of holidays that round out the end of the year: Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.  I love them all!  Cooking, decorating, and shopping for the elements of these holidays cheer me during these shorter and shorter days.

And yet, I have very few decorations for Halloween.  These two have been my only addition for the last four years!  Meet Ghosteo and Ghoulia- so named by TY, not me.  I do adore them...

Given my recent interest in wall hangings, I decided to indulge in a bit of Halloween fun via fabric.

I started by hunting the internet for Halloween clip art that I thought would be cute together.  After sketching out a rough plan on a piece of paper, I set about transferring these doodles onto fusible web and from there, onto scrap fabric from the stash.  I sewed everything down with decorative stitches from the machine and in a week of evenings, it was finished!





My first homemade Halloween decoration!  And you want to know my favorite part?

The little creepy mansion and it's neighborhood bats.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment