Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a new year!

2012 has arrived!

How are you celebrating?  I started with a nice round of apartment cleaning  :)  Feels productive to sit here typing while the dryer tumbles and the dishwasher roars.  Being the oh-so-exciting person that I am, I didn't watch the ball drop last night.  Instead, I answered emails, read for research, and tried to figure out some resolutions for the New Year.  Not going to lie, I've never actually had New Year's Resolutions before.  I've always been leery of committing myself to an impossible goal for the sake of tradition but this year it seems like the right thing to do! 

So here goes:
1. Weight- like most people, I have room for improvement on this front.  Am I hoping to be a size 6 by the end of the year?  No- remember, these must be possible!  ;)  Aiming instead for 20 lbs; lost 30 lbs this year and I think this should be achievable, assuming I stay away from Spritz cookies and visit my treadmill more often!

2.  Etsy. I technically have an Etsy store, though it is rather useless at the moment as it has no merchandise!  This must be remedied this year.  No more excuses!  With that in mind, Anna, if you're reading this- your bag is under way, even if the storefront isn't up and running quite yet.  :)

3.  Blog. That's right- this blog is on my official to-do list!  I've been woefully neglect of it over the last year.  In 2012, I promise to be better. 

And to that end, I do have a small update on current project!  I've gotten a bit further in the Starburst quilt designed by Dereck Lockwood that I've shown you pieces of earlier.



Putting the diamond and square block together involves everyone's favorite- Y seams!  I have a tendency to see a pattern or project I want to complete and just jump right in and in this case, this means I get to learn how to do Y seams.  It's been a rough road thus far!  Robin has been majorly helpful (as always) in guiding me along but this project is going to take forever!  I don't want to mess up such a wonderful quilt, so I find myself putting two or three blocks together and then putting the project aside for a while so as to not get super frustrated with it.  When it's finished, the center should look something like this:

Hopefully it will be done by 2013 but I make no promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment