Friday, January 20, 2012

The odd joy of the tedious

I've never much enjoyed machine quilting- mostly because my machine really isn't capable of free motion quilting.  There's something impossibly frustrating about knowing the exact pattern you want on the quilt but being incapable of executing said pattern!  For most of my quilts, I send them off to Sandy back in Oregon. She and her longarm work magic!!  I'll be packing up the Diamond Drop quilt up tomorrow to send her way.

In the meantime, I will quilt little projects with my sewing machine. Though the free motion foot is kind of useless, the walking foot is perfect. I'm not sure what possessed me to make this table runner such a labor of lines and angles but I have to say I am pleased with the results!



The diamonds are left over from my pink/purple/orange adventure that I never named....it's the bright one at the beginning of this blog.  That's not helpful though, is it? All my quilts tend to be bright.  It's the one with half squares surrounded by log cabin strips set on point.






No comments:

Post a Comment